18 March 2015

No American remake for 'You Who Came From The Stars'



Ilgan Sports - Naver: American remake for 'You Who Came From the Stars' won't be produced

1. [+684, -25] YWCFTS was successful in Korea because it had big names like Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun. I don't think it's creative enough for an American remake

2. [+744, -102] Americans would laugh if a drama like this comes out

3. [+403, -75] But still, it was really the best in Korea. I still remember it today

4. [+69, -9] This drama compared to CSI, Criminal Minds, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead

5. [+54, -8] The drama survived because of Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun's star power,, Isn't the plot very sloppy?

6. [+33, -5] The alien plot is fascinating to us but to them, it's redundant

7. [+15, -2] A remake is going too far... It doesn't match with US viewers


2 comments:

silvermaoh said...

1. [+684, -25] YWCFTS was successful in Korea because of it had big names like Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun. I don't think it's creative enough for an American remake

5. [+54, -8] The drama survived because of Kim Soo Hyun and Jeon Ji Hyun's star power,, Isn't the plot very sloppy?

^
I agree, i know it is very popular and a lot of people liked it and maybe I would have liked it more if it wasnt for the last few episodes which killed it for me

aeterna009 said...

There's a lot of alien-like superhero in America but I don't think it will work because the plot of this drama are tailored fit for Korean and Asians. I think YWCFTS is a korean remake of american superhero and vampire series.