24 May 2015

PPL overload in 'Producer'



Ilgan Sports - Naver: 'Producer', Should it be considered a direct endorser? 

1. [+4543, -614] Crappy drama if you compared it to 'Misaeng' ㄷㄷ

2. [+3698, -585] That is why I watch 'Three Meals a Day' instead

3. [+3352, -415] Frankly speaking, it's just 60 minutes of ads

4. [+2668, -327] Well, they have to offset production costs somehow. If they can find ways of adding them naturally, it shouldn't be a problem

5. [+550, -37] The Style Nanda box and the dessert that Cindy's manager was fiddling with ㅋㅋㅋㅋSo many products and they show them conspicuously too

6. [+567, -67] Lost my focus because of the excessive PPLs. I suddenly got so confused when Kim Soo Hyun took the box to Gong Hyo Jin's place

7. [+452, -29] That scene with a close-up of Cindy's shoes was when I realized that this drama was all about endorsements

8. [+132, -11] I was more curious about how they managed to stick all these PPLs instead of the actual script

9. [+86, -29] The drama is fun but the PPLs are excessive.  The logos and the details of the products are all exposed

10. [+105, -14] The PPLs in 'Misaeng' were subtly done and didn't affect viewing experience at all


18 comments:

Amanda Rachel said...

I watch Producer Ep4 last night & I realize they were trying to endorse that Sweet Roll. That scenes are not relevant with drama at all.

LINH LINH PPYONG ❤ said...

i'm okay with most of them but scene when the manager fiddling sweet roll is so unnecessary~

heol yeol said...

@kkuljaem wgm pls

JoongKI said...

I really find it annoying when they don't even try to do it subtly

D.D said...

can u ranslate article about queen's flower/ equator? I looove that drama so much!and thank you kkuljaem in advance! :)

G said...

I must be the only one who find Producer boring. Seems they try too hard to make behind the scenes interesting plus the PPL is annoying. Compared to Misaeng where it showed the stress the office workers work under much better. Even the acting there was much better.

Pluvio said...

This is like a poor man's The Office or Parks and Rec. The episodes are so long and full of nothing that I end up playing on my phone while watching then forget I'm even watching something.

Forgodsake said...

2. [+3698, -585] That is why I watch 'Three Meals a Day' instead


Seems like that people are getting tired and bored with the drama series nowadays.

Let the puppy and the kitty shine then

loverangel1 said...

Lol misaeng is a wall that cannot be climbed over when it comes to office/work place dramas.

choconerd said...

Where can i watch it with english subs?

_엑소-L said...

@ http://hottestcollab.weebly.com/150515-episode-1.html

Faye said...

Hi, are there any articles about the weekend drama "Make a Woman Cry/Let the Girl Cry? Many thanks in advance :)

Mapel said...

I'm not notice it too lol
Maybe because they're not product from my country. But I do notice that thing Cindy ate.
Or maybe bc I'm just weird. When I watch something I focused on the story, I don't even notice what song played in the background music.

Forgodsake said...

No, you're not the only one who found it boring

starcandy1 said...

You see a lot of endorsements because 'Producer' has a high budget for each ep (~360,000 USD per ep) which means they need to have more PPLs than the average drama. Not to mention, EVERY company sponsoring Producer wants their spoon in the Hallyu wave Kim Soo Hyun opened in the Chinese market. The worst thing about PPLs is that writers have to work around them, but with the number of products they have to include in each of their 12 eps makes it difficult to achieve "flow". I personally didn't mind the PPL's too much.

starcandy1 said...

Still not over the umbrella couple I replay that part more than any normal person should

alah said...

just asking, are you Korean?? i think Korean said all the comments cause all the products they knew, so thats why they said it excessive, we foreigner doesn't knew the products that's why we just ignored or not paying attention.

Shaaay said...

This drama is kinda boring... I know they are only 4ep out but I'm so disapointed, I love the cast but the storyline is not that good, there are not many things going on..
I'll still look at least until ep8 to see if it improve or not.