5 July 2015

Henry cries remembering his childhood trauma


"I developed a trauma when I was young. I stayed at my music teacher's house for months to practice violin. I worked hard and practiced diligently but I was scolded a lot. I suddenly thought of those times"

tv Report - Naver: 'Always Cantare 2' Henry tears up as he practices the violin "Suddenly thought of the trauma"

1. [6,918, -105] Had no idea he has this side of him too. He's always so bubbly on broadcast.. ㅎㅎ Proud of him because he never fails to show his hardworking image

2. [+5,416, -105] Henry-yaㅠㅠㅠㅜㅜㅜㅜㅠ Don't cry

3. [+4,418, -90] Henry plays the violin so well~~

4. [+3,141, -115] Heol... ㅠㅜㅜㅠㅜㅜㅜㅠㅜ

5. [+714, -24] Must have been so stressful for him to cry while remembering his past.. I feel sorry for him ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+723, -39] That's right. No such thing as genius. There is only hardwork

7. [+684, -17] He barely had time to play outside because he spent most of his time practicing piano and violin

8. [+210, -7] I'm also majoring in piano and I totally feel him. Music professors tend to get so sensitive at times. I got scolded a lot  too. To all music majors out there, be strong!

9. [+180, -8] Our prodigy Henry oppa also has a sad story.. People who call themselves teachers but get angry and criticize their students don't deserve to be called teachers.  It leaves a  lifelong scar to a kid.  Parents shouldn't pressure their children into doing so many things

10. [+175, -4] I cried a lot when I was 7 because of my piano teacherㅜㅠㅠ  His anger-filled voice and those memories still haunt to this days

11. [+172, -5] I remember when I was young, I also spent a majority of my time for violin lessons and daily practice .. I totally understand Henry. I still cry whenever I have to perform. Henry hwaiting


22 comments:

JiSungLover said...

Makes me think of Whiplash and J.K Simmons' character.. Great movie!

Behappy16 said...

Thank you very much for translation! I love to read your blog everyday. Henry fighting!! Twitter trend#helpleejunghee

green tea latte said...

Positive feedback is better than backlash. Not everyone can be perfect and it makes no sense to compare others.

Triplets said...

I also experienced something like this back then ;; I studied piano but the teacher kept scolding me, she also always hit my hands if I wrong. I stopped play piano and until now I cant play piano or keyboard because when I try to press the piano keys, I felt sad and scared ;;;

linekaw said...

me too, and i dont have the determination so i stop hahhaha

pinocchio said...

I don't play music but my friend has that experience like yours. Her piano teacher hit her hand and head whenever she made a mistake.

lokifairy said...

I understand him very well but unlike him I gave up. I was scolded so much, I started to hate the piano, now I can't even touch it without hating it...

Aaerika said...

I'm sorry. I hope someday you'll be able to overcome those feelings and play again.

꽃처럼 said...

I hope you can overcome the fear someday!

Stormrox said...

He,is such a weird kid tbh

sojuqueen said...

That's exactly like Naeil from Cantabille Tomorrow

unloveable said...

I gave up violin for the same reason. I used to love it but it was traumatizing to be repeatedly hit with a ruler on my back and sit with a book on my head for hours everyday while I played; getting reprimanded by the teacher's words in the process.

chowrong said...

Like nodame in nodame cantabile

Yong-in said...

On my middle school years, I was trying hard to make my drawings getting better since I had a childhood dream to be a comic writer. I did and I succeed to make a beautiful sketchy picture only using a pencil. My friends praised me a lot for my hard work. At that time, I felt proud because I was able to do a thing that I wish since a long time.

But, my teacher did not believe me. She did not want to accept my drawing and accused that someone did my drawing. My heart was broken. I gave up my dream on art and felt into depression. I became a loner for about two years during my middle school years and I was only able to overcome that hardship when I was in the high school.

Believe me, I will NEVER forget what my teacher ever did to me. :(

panshel said...

I cried during my flute lessons, too. Not because I was scolded, but because I was so frustrated I couldn't play the piece.

qwertyuiop said...

My brother and sister stopped too because they were so scared of their teachers. Now both of them learn by themselves at home and they're doing pretty well.

Random Noona said...

me too... i knew that feeling

Random Noona said...

yeah, i hate school because of this

Yong-in said...

;)

ohYeah said...

its sad that your parents allowed that. if anyone would hit me my dad would break their bones one by one

Triplets said...

my parents didnt know because they are working. and i was too dumb because felt scared to tell them. then my nanny saw my hands and she asked me, then she told my parents.

Humphrey said...

6. [+723, -39] That's right. No such thing as genius. There is only hardwork


Yup, basically this.