16 July 2015

[Spoilers] Assembly 1, Mask 15, Scholar Who Walks the Night 3

Wed, July 15 Ratings
1. Mask - 11.3%
2. Scholar Who Walks the Night - 7.7%
3. Assembly - 5.2%



Osen - Naver: 'Assembly' Pilot, Joo Jae Hyun open fires with ambitious gaze.. Brutal private meeting with Song Yoon Ah

1. [+947, -36] Avengers-level casting. These are people you only see in movies and Jung Jae Young finally takes his acting to the small screen. Truly an actor you can trust 

2. [+441, -32] The lineup is daebak. Looking forward to these acting gods 

3. [+114, -9] Still can't believe that Jung Jae Young's finally starring in a dramaㅠㅠ ... I love his acting. I hope the drama does well 

4. [+95, -8] Of course, God Jae Young.. They've got Young Gyu hyungnim too.....

5. [+66, -9] Watched it as if real life events are unfolding before my very eyes.. I hope it keeps up with the thrill as it goes on ㅜㅠ

6. [+33, -8] It's here, a drama without any love story 





Osen - Naver: 'Assembly' Writer Jung Hyun Min's signature sharp dialogues 

1. [+1,381, -45] Let's praise the writer too, shall we? Don't articles go too far in praising actors sometimes? Remember, the writer's responsible for half of the fun

2. [+1,022, -44] Every single line is valuable.. They're noble, unpretentious and easy on the ears.. This is what a masterpiece looks like

3. [+931, -171] Why does Park Geun Hye live like that?


Xports News - Naver: 'Assembly' Ok Taecyeon's first meeting with Song Yoon Ah

1. [+51, -1] I'm immersed!! Worried that Ok Taecyeon would be a nuisance but he did well.. I'm looking forward to more~~

2. [+46, -1] No comments?.. I enjoyed it. Taecyeon-ah, hwaiting~!!

3. [+46, -2] Taecyeon met a role that suits him. His acting is quite good. Political dramas tend to have complex storylines but the cast's acting make it seem like I'm watching a movie

4. [+18, -1] Taecyeon wore something that fits him this time. His acting gets better and more natural with each drama~ Hwaiting!!



My Daily - Nate: 'Mask' Joo Ji Hoon's unstoppable longing despite knowing Soo Ae's true identity

1. [+220, -1] All of Soo Ae's non-speaking scenes and facial expressions today: laughing, crying  and smiling were on point!! Pretty is an understatement. She's elegant and beautiful~~~ I'm so jealous

2. [+161, -2] Mask is so good... I wait every week for this drama!!! Soo Ae's an amazing actressㅠㅠㅠㅠ A happy ending for Min Woo and Ji Sook please!!!

3. [+10, 0] I miss their sweet scenes but I want Ji Sook to return to her family. I wish this ends with Min Woo marrying Ji Sook and the two of them living a happy life

Naver
4. [+2,165, -63] Soo Ae is beautiful  ♡♡♡

5. [+322, -10] You'd expect that this drama would be as grand as the lineup but the story is still lacking. Couldn't concentrate at times ㅜㅜI love the acting and the chemistry but I'm only sticking for the cast..

6. [+58, 0] I like everything except when those loan sharks appear

7. [+39, 0] It gets draggy at some point and their solutions to things are borderline childish ㅠㅠㅜMakes me wonder if this is the same person who wrote 'Secret'  I'm only watching for Soo Ae and Joo Ji Hoon 



Osen - Naver: 'Scholar Who Walks the Night' Lee Joon Ki performs CPR on Lee Yoo Bi who lost consciousness.. 'Underwater kiss'

1. [+2,072, -53] Lee Joon Ki's so damn sexy..

2. [+1,813, -143] The drama's set in Joseon era but I was in daze when he suddenly performed CPR

3. [+1,337, -42] Ah, scholar-nim.. ㅠㅠHis honey voice makes me melt

4. [+633, -99] Why is Lee Yoo Bi acting  so modern in a sageuk?.. She needs to fix her tone

5. [+527, -85] They just don't match ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Nate

1. [+229, -6] Now I realize why Lee Joon Ki picks sageuks ㅠㅠHis acting is so detailed

2. [+213, -3] Amazing how Lee Joon Ki's acting is hard-carrying a drama with a cringeworthy plot

3. [+190, -4] God Joon Ki!! Filming a fantasy sageuk is backbreaking work. He looks handsome in a gentleman's robe and his acting just draws you in ㅠㅠ

4. [+21, -14] Lee Yoo Bi's a good actress but her chemistry with Joon Ki  falls flat .. If Kim So Eun had been the female lead..

5. [+21, -3] How can he be so pretty and sexy at the same time?


tv Report - Nate: Shim Chang Min saves Lee Yoo Bi who is harrassed by loan collectors 

6. [+43, -8] He was overflowing with charms during the bow and arrow scene. I'm not bothered by the mustache anymore, he wears it well

7. [+31, -5] When did his acting improve? I couldn't stand him in 'Paradise Ranch'.. I'm rather surprised

8. [+29, -6] So handsome~~~

47 comments:

franquo said...

I watched the pilot of Assembly yesterday and the level of intensity is the same as a typical romcom drama's finale. The casting was great! Music score is fantastic. I hope the ratings will do the show justice in the next episodes. 'Avengers' fighting!!

jjang said...

I think Lee Yu Bi and Lee Jun Ki have amazing chemistry. The CPR/kiss scene was swoonworthy. Kim So Eun is a decent actress, but I can't imagine her in Lee Yu Bi's role.

@s900915 said...

Changmim did really well in SWWTN!! as for Yoobi, I agree that she doesnt sounds like she is in sageuk drama.. her acting is fine but her tone ㅠㅠ Junki as always nvr failed to amaze me with his acting. Sooooo handsome ㅠㅠ

sojuqueen said...

Mask is my current love. Gonna wait for few more episodes of Scholar to decide whether to watch the drama or not. So far Yu Bi seems to be the issue.

jjang said...

Most international fans think she's doing fine. It's just Knetz who are still having a hard time moving on from her casting as the female lead.

Hana said...

Ikr. The first time I saw Yoobi's scene in the drama. I immediately felt something wrong came out from her. I think she looks great in her character but her tone bother me so much. I really love Changmin in this drama. He looks great. 😄

alicebian said...

Yes, she didn't stand much compared to the scene wherr so eun finally appears again. Well, it is only the third episode so.......let's just wait. AND lee junki is so fuckin handsome I CANNOT RESIST HIS EYEBROWS GAME

XxXx said...

Yes Lee Yoo Bi acting is too modern for sageuk and I don't even find that she's crossdressing bcoz' she acts just as usual..

@s900915 said...

yes So Eun is really... really pretty.. I cannot imagine her as Yangsun too bc she is fine as Myunghee. I hope Yoobi fix her tone in upcoming ep. it's too disturbing for me bc everyone around her did really well, even Sohyang or whatever that lady's name. her acting is fine, just the tone ㅠㅠ

@s900915 said...

yea i agree. sometimes her expression is quite not convincing too but still acceptable. Just the tone.. It's just the tone.. she sounds like she is in modern drama. I extremely agree about Changmin too!! I was quite annoyed with his casting before but after seeing him more in ep 2, he really did great!!

Ami said...

Changmin's mustache is really disturbing

disqus_rw5oVxADqD said...

Taecyeon fighing ~

Nezumi said...

He looks really good with mustache

anonymous said...

Kim so eun is too pretty for that role.. she wouldn't be convincing if she cross dressed as a guy

anonymous said...

I think w/ sagueks you have to understand that tone is important. a lot of inetz may not notice the difference but w/koreans its distracting .

ssssicca said...

I have not yet watched SWWTN, but truthfully, in paradise ranch, I feel that most of the fault goes to the script and not the actors and actresses. Waiting for SWWTN to finish showing before I watch since I can't stand cliffhanger and waiting. LOL.

alicebian said...

Nah, her tone didn't suit the era. It's too bad that I couldn't feel the chemistry yet >ㅅ< The drama is awesome, the actors too, so it will be lacking if she wouldn't fix it really soon~

alicebian said...

I used to like that drama, long loooong time ago........and God, I dont know how........
Good to see that his acting is improving!

Nezumi said...

Same, Changmin was good, it was the script. It was funny but so clitché...

vivi said...

Changmin is a fineee man
Lee Jun Ki? Never doubt him in a second,
Lee Soo Hyuk ....What a damn beautiful cast for the male

@s900915 said...

lol but at least it looks more sageuk-like compared to him without mustache ><

Nezumi said...

Thats the important thing! all his fangirls and some others kpop fans are really mad because he have a beard and make fun of him... I mean come on, is his character and he trying his best to pull the sageuk style

HJK said...

is it weird that i find Changmin acts better than Yoobi in here?

swinter101 said...

The tone is really important, a lot of Inetz can't tell the difference but if you watch enough sagueks you will understand.

95k said...

I agree that LYB should fix her tone bc it's a sageuk but anyway put that tone issue aside, she is actually doing a pretty good job in acting as crossdressing Yang-sun. I read the first few chapters of SWWTN before and the way Yang-sun (LYB) acts in the drama is pretty much the same as how the character acts in the manhwa.

Cindy said...

This is a lie. Changmin overacted so much! I stayed for second male lead...

Nezumi said...

No it isnt. But I think the cast is fine :)


Im just happy that Changmin get good comments for his acting

Nezumi said...

since when a kdrama doesnt have overreaction? lol get real.... that was his character.... plus I dont care who do you stayed

zzz said...

it's not weird i think the same too even if yoobi is an actress and he did better than her imo but shes still cute<3

Nyai said...

Agree and it's weird because she had a much better tone is Gu Family Book...

mcleen said...

Maybe i'm in the minority that enjoy lee yoo bi's portrayal as yang sun..this is how yang sun reacts in the manhwa as well..i have to say yang sun in the manhwa is too clueless to the point that sometimes i feel she's stupid..but then yoo bi manage to bring the character without making me annoyed. I love her chemistry with junki as well despite their large age gap and yoo bi can really emotes...yes, yang sun is clumsy and a damsel in distress but then that's what that makes her character endearing...i guess perhaps some of u might change your opinion about her chemistry with junki after watching ep 4...

choconerd said...

THIS! Lee Yoo Bi is a good actress but I just can't find her sageuk tone convincing

2m2i4k1i said...

As much as I love Lee Yoo Bi, but her tone of voice is kind of modern-ish just like how everybody says. I hope she'll improve soon.

Random Noona said...

Yep, he did well

@s900915 said...

I dont want Gu Family Book so idk about her performance there but I'm really disappointed with her tone here ㅜㅜ

@s900915 said...

No not weird at all!! Changmin did reaaally well!!! Yoobi is good too but her tone. and sometimes her expression is awkward too

@s900915 said...

ikr. if he came out without mustache it'll look so modern >< he looks good with it too~

placeforu said...

yeah, Lee YooBi did great in Pinocchio. She's okay so far but i hope she improves in later eps.

Cindy said...

Rude, you as a fan say he wasn't bad, I as a not fan say, yes he was pretty bad. Not good for romantic comedy

mrpama said...

Changmin looks really young for his (real life) age. I think he need it to make him look more mature. It bothered me a lot the first episode but by the 3rd and 4th episode, I didn't even notice bc his acting was very convincing.

mrpama said...

Well people have different opinions. No need to fight over an opinion as if your opinion is better than others. Changmin did overreact in some parts but he was on point on some parts also. For instance when he wakes up and sees Yeon Hee's character sleeping and he just looks at her or when he was washing her hair. His acting made the moment very tender and poignant and I felt it. Isn't that what good acting is, to have the audience feel what the character was feeling? PR writing was cringe and yes, JSK was sublime but no need to be so arrogant over an opinion. Just agree to disagree. Changmin's acting is very good in this drama. That should be the point.

mrpama said...

Wow this is so strange. I was going to say the exact opposite. I can't feel any chemistry between Junki and Yoobi. Junki is an amazing actor and Yoobi is fine but together, I just don't feel it the relationship progressing (I know it's only ep 4 lol but still)

mrpama said...

What do you find ridiculous about the plot. I was 50% lost the first 3 episodes but I kind of got it the 4th episode lol but i really agree that I don't see any chemistry between Yoobi and Junki. I hope it gets better

Haeyoung said...

I meant embarrassingly cheesy and ridic' while trying to make things too dramatic. It's not the kind of narrative that floats my boat. I dropped it after ep 3, but lol I kind of got most of it I guess. I can see what you mean by saying it's confusing. I think it takes itself too seriously the way Night Watchman did. This drama is so not for me, and the leads have zero chemistry which takes away any crutch I had lol

mrpama said...

really, cheesy tho? i guess different strokes for different folks :) i thought the story was quite interesting. there are a lot of unanswered questions but i thought the only thing cheesy thing was yoobi character's obsession with junki's character. even tho i still confused, i'm vested to find out the rest of the story... not trying to trick you into watching more lol but the plot does thicken.

anyways hope you find a good drama to watch. i heard mask was good (but i haven't watched it)

Eon099 said...

Assembly is so much fun
I realize I have enough love-related drama in my plate, Assembly is the front-runner of my favorite drama this week :D

oppa's wife said...

basically Lee Yoo Bi was kinda like the Myung hee in gu family book. as in she is the pretty female who likes the hero but dies early.
Haha, all sageuks have their own myung hee :)