(tn: not sure if anyone here is familiar with Essena O'Neill. I used to watch her YouTube videos and she had a huge following on Instagram, Tumblr and YouTube. Anyways, she made headlines after deleting all her social media accounts and I was really surprised to see this trending on Naver)
Yonhap News - Naver: "Social media is fake", Instagram star goes back to being a regular Australian teenager
1. [+7,687, -253] Is it because her expression is gloomy here but her no-makeup face doesn't look bad at all ㅋㅋ
2. [+3,533, -108] What she's referring to is the typical teenager these days. Commenter below me, this article isn't about her looks
3. [+3,305, -222] She's pretty ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+1,418, -80] Social media....
5. [+635, -3] You deserve a round of applause for finally finding your way out of the cage
6. [+595, 28] I don't do social media. Cyworld was the very last SNS for me ㅋㅋ
7. [+413, -19] SNS is a waste of time
8. [+378, -10] The issue here isn't whether her bare face is pretty or not, we should take notice of what this girl is trying to address. If you compare yourself with other people on social media while you feel so poorly about yourself, it isn't good for your mental health
9. [+304, -7] I agree with her. On Instagram, I used to be constantly bombarded with photos of people who seem like they're living perfect lives and I always compared myself to them...The solution is to quit it.
10. [+279, -2] Good for her
11. [+88, -2] I used to be addicted to Cyworld, posting every detail of my life on it, and constantly monitored my daily visitors but looking back, it was so pointless. Now that I'm not on SNS, I feel liberated, I have time to do yoga, and I've grown closer and hang out with my actual friends.. I shake my head each time I see people take photos of their meals before eating ㅋㅋㅋ